Why Study in CANADA?
Canada is often called as the land of opportunities!
Canada is one of the best international education destinations and is also recognized as one with the safest study environment offering high quality of life and education. It has been rated as one of the most preferred countries in the world to live consecutively for many years. It is known for its peaceful, friendly, secured and compassionate environment. The country believes in equivalence, diversity, admiration and tolerance for all individuals just as mentioned in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Multiculturalism Act. The combination of Canada’s natural environment and its reputation for high-quality education are just a few of the things that attract tens of thousands of foreign students to Canada every year. In the recent times, Students have become more inquisitive and keen to study in Canada as the education system is more practice oriented and research based rather than theoretical and project-based system and the former leading to development and growth of overseas education. Another reason behind the increasing popularity of overseas education is the fact that employers across industries prefer hiring candidates with international qualifications from top institutes across the globe. Studying in Canada is a lifetime opportunity as the country’s educational institutes maintain high standards of academic excellence and are continuously acknowledged among the top international rankings.
The parameters that make Canada the most preferred education destination may include:
- Excellence in Education and Research-Canadian universities are ranked among the best in the world. Its degrees are valued and acknowledged all over. Moreover Canadian tuition fees are among the lowest in English-speaking countries.
- Safe & Peaceful Country: Canada is a peaceful, politically stable, and safe country. We have laws that protect the rights of our citizens. Almost 65 per cent of international students in a CBIE survey cited that Canada’s reputation as a safe country as an important reason for deciding to study here.
- Excellent health care: Canada has very sophisticated yet inexpensive health care facilities. Compared to other countries, medical insurance is inexpensive in Canada.
- Expertise in Language: Students can enrich their linguistic and communicative abilities here at Canada considered world leaders in language training. Over a century, Canada’s two official languages (English and French) have been taught as second languages.
- Degrees of International Repute: Canada boasts of world class educational institutions for both degrees and diplomas in technical and professional disciplines. Over 148,000 international students attend Canadian colleges and universities from all over the globe. This means that you can meet people from around the world as well as people from your own country.
- Standard of Living: In the last decade, Canada has repeatedly been chosen by UN as one of the best places to live in the world. The reasons listed included: high education enrollment levels; high-quality, low cost education; universal healthcare system; an uncompromising respect for fundamental rights and human dignity; clean and safe cities; and cosmopolitan, multi-cultural ethnic cities with many recreational amenities.
- Diversified programs: The educational institute in Canada offers a wide variety of programs to international students to choose from. Students from across the globe come to Canada for higher education prospects and Canadian universities offer more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as professional degree programs and certificate courses. Students can also choose to pursue various programs like degrees, diplomas, certificate programs, short courses, and so on across industries including; telecommunications, agriculture, computer technology, medicine, business studies, and environmental science agriculture, fisheries, paramedical technology and so on.
- Affordability: Comparing the fee structure of the institutes across industries in prime International education destinations indicates that Canada is the most affordable of all including; US, UK, New Zealand, Australia and so on.
- Great Employment Opportunity: According to statistics, over 90% of graduates of Canadian universities and colleges end up being employed in their field of study within six months of graduating. Graduates from a Canadian university or an institution have the opportunity to work in Canada for up to two years post completion of the study. When post-graduation work permit is over, the student can apply for permanent residency under various categories, for instance, Canadian experience class, provincial nominee, etc.
- High Research Value: More than 200,000 international students and researchers choose to study in Canada each year. Practical approach: An important advantage, and perhaps the main achievement of Canadian education is its orientation to practice. A lot of programs and courses provide paid internships during the study period. The main thing here is not money but the fact that the student is gaining practical experience (necessary both for the student and for the resume) and the fact that many employers hire students for permanent positions after the internships.
- A High Tech Country: Canada has a highly globalised economy and is, in fact, one of the world’s top ten trading nations. Usually, educational institutions are located on large campus territories, all of them have the modern high-tech equipment, comfortable student hostels, sports halls, small class sizes and highly qualified teachers which make studying in Canada really interesting, high-quality and effective.
The Education System in Canada is divided into:
- Certificate level, generally for a year
- Diploma level, for one or two years
- Advanced Diploma, generally two or three-year programs
- Bachelor degrees, awarded after four years of full-time study
- Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates, for one Graduate year of study
- Master’s degrees, available after a bachelor degree to excel in a certain subject, for one to two years
- Career Colleges or technical institutes Master’s degrees, available after a bachelor degree to excel in a certain subject, for one to two years
- Doctorate or PhD, generally four to seven years
You, as an international student, will be allowed to work 20 hours a week, both on and off campus, when the semester is on, and full-time during vacations. Once you’re done with your degree, you’ll be offered a post-graduate work permit (valid for a minimum of one year to a maximum of three years). The validity of the permit will depend on the duration of your course. For example, a one-year degree leads to a one-year post-graduate work permit. The case is similar for two and three-year courses. However, if you’ve completed a four-year degree, your permit will be valid for only three years.