Why Study In USA?
U.S. degrees have an excellent international reputation and Universities are bastions of cultural diversity.
The US is one of the most sought-after top study destinations in the world. More international students study in the USA than any other country, and for a reason. 92 of the top 200 universities in the world are based in the USA and there are also more than 4,000 other world class universities offering excellent higher education. The U.S. is the preferred destination for Indian students because U.S. higher educational institutions offer: academic excellence, cutting-edge technology, extensive support services for international students, generous funding opportunities, wide variety of educational options, flexible curricula, financial assistance and hands-on training (OPT and CPT). The US remains the source of most of the world’s ground-breaking developments in technology, science, business, arts, and beyond. The country has extremely flexible education system and students can receive financial assistance in the form research assistantships, teaching assistantships, graduate assistantships, full or partial tuition waiver, paid internships and can also earn by working part-time while studying.
The U.S. has one of the world’s finest education systems, with excellent programs across all disciplines. At the undergraduate level, outstanding program options are available in conventional subjects as well as professional fields. At the Master’s and Ph.D. level, students regularly get the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the finest researchers in the world. Qualifications awarded by U.S. universities are recognized throughout the world for its academic brilliance.
In the U.S., at the graduate level students gain valuable experience in research and teaching through the many assistantship programs available. These assistantships also help students finance their higher education in USA. The practical experience gained is extremely useful for future careers in teaching and research.
U.S. universities welcome international students for pursuing higher education in USA and have support systems to help students adjust comfortably to life in the U.S. Services at the international student office help students transition to the new environment. Support is offered through the year from organizing orientation programs to assistance with academic writing and building resumes as students get ready to graduate.
Academic study and experience from a U.S. university has a very positive reputation in the international job market. A U.S. education dramatically enhances a student’s long-term career goals. The experience builds critical thinking skills, develops self-confidence and cross-cultural skills and all of these attributes are highly valued by employers worldwide.
The U.S. higher education system offers many course choices within a program and the opportunity to change majors or opt for multiple specializations. At the advanced stages of an undergraduate program a student can tailor the program to meet specific career aspirations like combining courses in contemporary jazz music with engineering! At the graduate level you can make your own timetable and complete course credits at a comfortable pace within the stipulated time frame.
U.S. universities offer a diverse choice of academic, cultural and athletic activities to choose from which not only enrich the educational experience but also help students make new friends and become global citizens. Your university may also have a cricket team in addition to fraternities, regional and ethnic clubs.
U.S. universities are world leaders in terms of technology and scientific techniques, and are committed to providing the same resources to students. The emphasis is to acquaint students with the latest in the field of science, engineering and related fields. The end result is work-ready graduates with appropriate skills using the most recent technology.
- Currently more than 85,000 Indian students are studying in USA.
- Getting Visa is no bar for right students and an attitude of US Consulate is very positive.
- The United States of America is termed as the best place to studygiven the research work and level of education.
- Student’s growth is better and has a lot of potential in the UNITED STATES given their further education because of the international exposure and the multi-cultural environment.
- USA being an English speaking country has helped thousands of students to blend themselves in the USA environment and come up in life.
- More number of scholarships are available than any other country.
- Various jobs are available for Engineers, Health care, Health management, IT Industries, Finance, Marketing, H.R.M, Nursing, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Mechanical & Civil Engineers and salary scale is very high compared to other countries.
- The U.S. degree offers excellent value for the money programs and the students get a global exposure in their chosen field.
- The student can choose a US education from a wide range of tuition fees and living costs starts minimum from US $ 10000 – 45000 and also can get financial aid from some of the colleges to make the study affordable.
- In last 20 Years, Students from all over India have chosen USA at their destination and have successfully settled in USA.
- Very rich settlement history. There are thousands of Indians working in top fortune companies like Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Adobe, Intel, Accenture etc.
- Bright chance to get jobs in the FORTUNE 1000 COMPANIES.
- Strong presences of Indian community more than 33 lacs Indian are residing currently in USA.
- Most countries in the world are trading with USA, so job opportunities are numerous.
- Compared to other parts of world. More numbers of Indians, particularly Gujarati’s are settled in USA and since last 25 years.
- 12 to 29 months Optional Practical Training (OPT) available on the completion of the study.
- The USA has a population of near about 317 million (31.7 Crore) people and consists of 50 States.
- The USA is situated in the Central North America and lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the North and Mexico to the South.
- The US economy is the world’s largest national economy which is 6th highest per capita GDP.
- It has more than 3,000 universities spread across the 50 states.
- Today, 64% of research and development funding comes from the private sector in the U.S.A.
- The United States is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse nations, the product of large scale immigration from many countries. The beauty of USA lies in its multiculturism, USA is the land of education. People around the globe have made USA their home and contributed to its prosperity.
- Some of the famous cities are: New York, New Jersey,Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, Dallas, Seattle etc.
- Some of famous states are: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia etc.
- In a few decades, country’s economy has achieved sturdy growth with more employment facilities and low inflation, and quick development in advance technology and research field.
- There is a strong presence of Gujarati community and as well as Indian community in USA, more than 25 lacs Indians got settled at USA.
- The U.S. is the world’s third-largest producer of oil and second-largest producer of natural gas. It is the second-largest trading nation in the world behind China.
- Around 15% of new startups in Silicon Valley are founded by Indians.
- 36 % Scientists at NASA are Indians or almost 4 out of 10 scientists are Indians.
- 34% employees at Microsoft, 28% at IBM, 17% at Intel and 13% at Xerox are Indians. One in every 3 Apple engineers is Indian. 0.9% of the U.S. population are INDIANS.